The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The waiting game

So usually about this time of day I find Benjamin(if he isn't taking a nap) wondering where Jacob is. It is proof that they actually like each other. Some people have asked me if I cried on the first day of school when I dropped Jacob off at the school yard. The answer is no, because I was too busy consoling Benji who was blubbering away wondering where his "Jakey" is. "Where's a Jakey" he says in his tiny yet insistant voice. "At school" I say. "Pick UP!" Benji says. "Not yet, it's not time" So then he sits by the door and cries and waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment