The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So the first thing about schooling at home.....stuff lots of stuff!

Getting Organized!


When we dove in headfirst into the adventure of doing some schooling at home, I was unprepared for how much stuff we would accumulate. The school says when you go to pick up the books and supplies to bring a box and possibly something with wheels....I had no idea! The more time flew threw that second half of the year, the more "stuff" grew in my kitchen......by the end of the first month I was at the Big Lots and dollar stores looking for organizational stuff. By the end of the year my goal was to have it all up in the playroom. It's taken lots of organizing and reorganizing and this is what I've got so far.


I would just like to note, that while it was very tempting to go out and buy lots of new shiny things to accomplish my goals of being organized, I found it was much more budget friendly to check out the old craig's list and discount stores, and also that kids don't care one cent if something to stack stuff on was pricey or cheap. Especially, when it comes to kid stuff, cool whip containers and other recycled items are great, because if something happens to it, it will keep you and your child from bursting into tears.





























So here is the view from the door with our awesome desk, thank you craig's list($50)




































Here is our listening center




































here are the old shelves from our dining room that we had taken out a while ago and had games stacked on them(the games got moved to the closet shelf) And lots of plastic drawers.





































Here is the rest of the wall!
I do confess I was worried Benji (or Jacob for that matter) would run in and ran sack all the drawers but it hasn't been as bleak as I thought.


So here is a better view of what I am talking about, using old containers and baskets to keep like items stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment