The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wednesday's Centers

Wednesday Centers
So I am trying to play "catch up" so here are yesterday's centers starting with Jacob's which are first grade level centers and then Benji's which are preschool-preK level centers.
1st grade centers



























Center 1: is for making rhyming words as a way to learn and discover word families.  I purchased my wheels from a center's book at lake shore learning, but you could easily make your own and I know I have seen them online to download and print for free.....I'll get back to you with a link later...





























Center 2 is a Math center working on patterns....these are patterns that came with our saxon math cd, but you could easily make your own.





































center 3 is another language center. this is one I purchased and it is easy to make. You draw a card and try to write all the sounds in the word. I like that it is a big step toward independant writing.





























Center 4: another math center....I downloaded this one for free and like anything else I can possibly use over again, I laminated it.  Here is the website I found it at: http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/SnowmanAdditionFun.htm

Preschool-PreK Centers



































Center 1: ABC's with fun foam letters......using our Sing Spell Read and Write mat you put the letters in abc order while learning their names and sounds.





































Center 2: Math.....number sense and counting.....look at the card and then build the tower then find the tower's matching dinosaur. The cards are found here http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/ and the blocks are from my awesome aunt who taught Kinder for over 35 years. For those who don't have my aunt, you can get them at a learning store.





































Center 3: Jellybean and Monkey shape matching puzzle cards. All downloadable from http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/





































Center 4: Bristle blocks, I think these are the Parent's brand ones, but you could use building blocks of any kind to work on motor skills which is the primary goal here.


I use an index card and write the number of centers on it for each kid and then as they finish each one they can cross it off of their card.....then they can go in what ever order they want and know which ones have been completed and which one still need to be completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment