The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's been a few days.....

and I asked my self, "where does the time go?" It's been a crazy hectic couple of days for us. We came into possession of a western painted turtle and he passed away. He had a crack in his shell and it fell off and it was just too much for him and he died. The boys were ok, knowing that "sheldon" was very hurt. We are now trying to move on from this sad moment. Thankfully the boys still want a pet even with knowledge that it can potentially die.

 In other news Jacob and I went to our city hall for a rally.
We wanted to show our support for getting a space shuttle to our local city. It is a great way to inspire learning, discovery, and ingenuity and would love to have it. It was time well spent that day. Jacob got to meet all the Houston sports mascots and then we went across the street to a farmers market. The market was really cool. There was a girl who raised goats with her little sister, a man who had eggs in what seemed every color and bread of every type and more. Oh and the weather couldn't have been nicer. If you want to know more about getting a shuttle to NASA you can go to http://www.bringtheshuttlehome.com/

Oh and with out further ado, I have chosen the colors for the playroom/classroom. I had a great time looking at a lot of options and I finally chose a robin's egg blue.


I think it will bounce off of the red and white storage bins we have nicely and create a warm and still inviting room. I will also use it in the boys bedroom and get some red sheets and make their quilts my self.
               Apparently I like to be adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment