The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Money! Money! Money!

I am trying to get my kids ready for a unit that will be about both money and healthy eating. To kick things off though, I need to get them oriented with the coins. I am using the large demo coins that came with our saxon math units and I am using some play money from Lakeshore Learning, but you can find some at cool money printable from printable 4 kids that work just as great along with some other cool activities.

The activities I have my kids mastering are:

Matching and identifying coins

And using counting and skip counting to add coins. Again, You can easily create your own cards to what ever amount you think is helpful for you child.

Hopefully in a few days we will be setting up the playroom as a store and I can send the boys shopping. We will be shopping for healthy foods and be making our own food pyramids. So stay tuned. If you want some cool worksheets to work on money with you kids, I found some at super teacher worksheets.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have lots of fun. And I must say that the pic in your header is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete