The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Arts and Crafts!

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love to craft......being on a budget, I decided to skip on real beads and made some colored macaroni. I have for some reason been intimidated by doing this since the only recipe I had seen called for using alcohol and dye....until I saw it done on the crafty classroom using food coloring and vinegar. Easy enough! So without further ado, here it is step by step.
These are the materials you need to dye noodles

  • vinegar
  • noodles
  • plastic sandwich bags
  • food coloring
















Add an 1/8 of a cup(fill half of a 1/4 cup, just eye ball it!) of vinegar to the noodles in a bag















Add 10 - 12 drops of color, the more drops the darker and more vibrant it will be















Shake Shake Shake!!!!!















Spread out on paper towels and let dry until they are hard noodles again and start crafting!















Here is the final product















It was really easy and just seeing them dry made my kids eager to make projects of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment