The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What are we reading for silent reading time?

Twice a week we read silently to our selves and since the kids are still in the early stages of reading these are the books we are reading and loving!

Bob Books: These are great for learning "decoding" and phonics


Now I'm Reading Books: these are great predictable little books that encourage reading

Now I'm Reading™: My World (Binder with 10 booklets) picture




Now I'm Reading™: Word Play picture


I Spy Books: these are great because they encourage reading by making you look at the words first and then the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment