The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Calendar Revisions

A very wonderful thing happened when we moved and scored this awesome new space. We got more wall space and I am loving it. It has allowed me to make a calendar "center" in place of our old calendar. Not that there was ever anything wrong with the old fold up, because it was wonderful especially when I had few other options. The revamp wasn't expensive either. The hanging pocket charts I had from when they were on sale at Target. The days of the week and the months of the year I printed from Kinder Printables. I laminated them and then use a dry erase marker to put the day on them. I have a traditional calendar on the door, but this center works great for learning:
  •  the days of the week
  • months of the year
  • sequence
  • language skills

We have a great time learning using this system and singing songs to help learn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment