The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Money: Can I squeeze in one more display?

As I start trying to get the kids more fluent in money, I knew I needed another display. I found these really cute poems here at Mrs. Wheeler's Blog for free and laminated them. Then I just used my display coins that I have had for a while. And where on earth did I have room to put this display? Well, I used the side of the cabinet that faces opposite the wall of the calendar. It was the only space big enough and I am too stubborn to rearrange the walls again!
Reasons why it is worth having a money display:
  •  math reference 
  •  when they play grocery
  •  when the tooth fairy comes they exactly how much they have
  •  learning to save for something they want
  • understanding how much the coins they dig out of the couch are 
  • and so much more

1 comment:

  1. Love your creative use of space! And your boys are so cute in your header. I'm a new follower from the Hip Homeschool Blog Hop. Can't wait to click around your blog some more.

    ReplyDelete