- 1-100 number line - I need a number line now that the older kiddo is doing math that needs him to think past the number 20. I found this great printable from 2nd Grade Shenanigans among other things. Now I just need to print it out on cardstock, laminate it and then hang it on the wall.
- Flannel Story Box- The idea is using one of those folding suitcase style boxes and making it a portable flannel board story set. Also I need to make the pieces from the books we are reading this year so the kids can dramatize and review.
- Even and Odd Street - This I need to make sooner than later since we will be going over odd and even numbers shortly. I loved the idea and inspiration I got from The Teacher Wife. You could use scrapbook paper or old wallpaper samples to make odd street houses. Don't forget the free downloadable template!
- Personal work bulletin boards - I want little boards for each of the boys to hang up their own work at their own eye level. I have some ideas from some experts, but execution could be interesting.
- Rule Breaker Word prison- In our curriculum we have words that are rule breakers and I want to make a wall display that I can pin the words up as we learn them so the kids can be reminded all year about those naughty words that break the rules!
- Some sort of large mural for one of the open walls just outside the classroom- I have know idea what this could be but I am open to suggestions and ideas here.
- Water color leaves for a fall seasonal tree-We are making small trees to display the seasons as we get to each one. I thought it would be super cute to do the fall tree with water color leaves.
- Puppet Show Stage- I have a bunch of puppets and no stage....I see a vision of a science back board and some old fabric for this one so I can fold it and store it when I don't want it visible
- Math mini office: second grade edition- I have desk strips for the kids and the one Jacob has is on the young side for what he needs. I have found some good ones from Step Into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons. I just need to laminate it and mount it on the desk in place of the younger one.
So I have some real work to do and hopefully you will see blog posts with these finished projects. Wish me luck and let me know what you're working on.