The Worth of a Challenge


If you give a child a fish, you feed him for a day.
If you teach a child to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.
But if you teach a child to learn, you feed him for a lifetime
and he doesn't have to just eat fish.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Today's Featured Website

                                                                
This website has great reading resources. The best part is they are colored or black and white and ready to go.....fun, easy and unique like their abc clothesline and their story time props. And like most everything I find on the web, these are free. I downloaded the color version of the old woman who swallowed a fly to sing at circle time. She was fast and easy to assemble and then I printed black and white ones for the kids to color, cut and paste themselves. 



The Old Woman Who Swallowed A Fly

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I had no idea you blog!! I'm excited to see more. I am amazed. I am not this organized or patient. I couldn't do homeschooling simply because I'm too selfish. Sad, but true. I admire you and your kids and your dedication. Absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, I don't think you're selfish. There's no way. I see how much you love your kids, and that's just from photos! But thanks, we started homeschooling last year when public school just wasn't hacking it for us.....lot's of prayer later I realized I could do it. The blog is semi new, so don't feel like you have missed a lot!

    ReplyDelete